Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I GOT IT~!!!

Woohoo~~~~ Finally ar~~~~ I got my Study allowance le.. that's additional $200 per month~! Since the co cheated me of the pay revision i had expected to have after my 3 mths probation.. -__-"

Hmm.. I wonder can claim for Feb or not.. budden is over le.. :


But I is happy! Gonna pop over to Squek's bank (Standard Chartered) soon and open that easi-saver account.. no min deposit and the interest high she say.. anyways it be hard for mie to take out money so good place to dump my savings....

Mie gonna apply credit card oso.. better to owe the bank (den i will scared mah.. haha) den owe my bro.. no good.. he pamper me too much.. anyways i wonder y he so rich.. hmm.. like no work lydat oso always richer den me.. *ponder* hahaha.. Which bank should I get leh? Thinking of closing my uob savings acct le and just get a credit card.. I got so many accounts!! POSB (since i small small).. OCBC (free mah.. the ntuc-ocbc thingy).. UOB (many benefits).. Hmm... Later I ask JA..

Tonight going Siglap swimming you know~... den go simpang eat maybe.. keke =n.n= I is working on getting rid of my tum tum~!!

Oh.. all the best to those waiting for A-Levels result today yah.. =n.n=

8 Comments:

Blogger moe said...

The e$aver account by stanchart not bad lah! I opened one too... but not recommended for the Internet-banking-lazy people lor. Heeh!!

The NTUC-OCBC card also not bad. Especially if you buy stuff from NTUC too. Earn link points even when you purchase outside... other than that, it comes with a uber obiang 'companion card' that is funny-shaped and glows in the dark. duh!
Haha!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well.. wats the penalty at the e$aver at Standchart.. heard there is if you decide to withdraw money. Well gal the interest rates are all going up but you not putting HUGE SOME of money so anywhere also can lah. if you are putting HUGE some of money.. go for citibank haha.. need to know your plans before can advise ok.. i din know you gals wanted to go simpang.

8:27 AM  
Blogger moe said...

There is no 'penalty' per se.

If you want to withdraw from the account, you should do it via Interbank transfer to another account - and withdraw from ATM through that second account. This way, you will incur ZERO charges. If you prefer to go to the counter to withdraw, you will be charged SGD5.00 per transaction. The withdrawal procedure is a bit 'lehchey' but that's just because you SHOULD NOT use this as your main active account... this should be your SAVINGS account where you just save and save.

As far as I know, there is also no MINIMUM SUM required to maintain the account.

You can also open an account with any amount of money.

NOTE: I DO NOT WORK FOR SCB!!! Just sharing what I know since I have the account. :-)

11:13 AM  
Blogger aMie said...

yeah~ funny lah moe.. still got disclaimer..keke

well.. mie dunno how to start e-saver... do i go to the counter? keke

11:53 AM  
Blogger aMie said...

my ntuc-ocbc debit dun glow leh.. that not the one hor... :|

12:08 PM  
Blogger moe said...

Haha! Disclaimer to prevent getting 'poked' mah!

I went down to the branch to open the e$aver. Last I heard, you can request for the forms online, but not too sure about that.

I have the credit card and it comes with a 'companion' card. It is the companion card that glows and has a funny shape... see here

The blue one is the companion card.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha....oddly i was lookin into FD acct 2 weeks back b4 u mention this. apparently, overseas bank interest rate is higher n so far, maybank interest is one of the higher ones. went to those online forum n a lot of ppl recommmend the e-saver too! claim it's easy n best is no minimum. after u ask sharon bout it liao, let me know the specs? me also interested....

10:56 AM  
Blogger aMie said...

FD means wat?

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home